Have you heard of this recent Hollywood controversy that hit the news last week?
19 year old Angus T. Jones who has played the role of Jake Harper on Two and a Half Men since 2003, is featured in a new video for Forerunner Christian Church and he urges fans to stop watching the show and calls it ‘filth’.
Hey, this might even be more controversial than Charlie Sheen’s shenanigans. Check out these quotes below from Angus.
“I’m on ‘Two and a Half Men’ and I don’t want to be on it,” he said. “If you watch ‘Two and a Half Men,’ please stop watching it and filling your head with filth. People say it’s just entertainment. Do some research on the effects of television and your brain, and I promise you you’ll have a decision to make when it comes to television, especially with what you watch.”
“If I am doing any harm, I don’t want to be here. I don’t want to be contributing to the enemy’s plan … You cannot be a true God-fearing person and be on a television show like that. I know I can’t,” he continued. “I’m not OK with what I’m learning, what the Bible says and being on that television show.”
Wow, that took some huge guts for him to stand up and speak out like that. Not only does this have implications for his gig with this particular show, it’s got implications for his entire acting career. He just signed a 1 year contract in May 2012 that reportedly gives him $350,000 per episode.
- What do you think about his comment that T.V.(and one could suggest all media) affects you?
- Do you agree that there are some things as a Christian you should or should not participate in (if you’re not a Christian, then ‘they’)? Should he continue with the show? Why or why not?
- As a young person navigating life, school, sports, etc… how do you decide what to participate in, support, consume and what not to?
- )On a daily/weekly basis, what ways do you willingly or inadvertently contribute to the enemy’s plans?
- If you were Angus, what would you do from here on forward?