CHECK OUT RECENT PODCASTS HERE
Tune in to our podcasts where you can expect casual conversation about everything from issues of life, faith, culture, entertainment and interviews with bands. You got ideas? Send them to us. Tell us what you want to hear.
Tune in and take our podcast with you whether hittin’ the slopes, ridin’ your bmx or dirt jumper, trainin’ for your sports team or taking transit to work or school!
1. WHAT’S THE DEAL WITH PODCASTING?
Podcasting is a new way to share a radio show/recorded audio over the internet with millions of people. You can play the audio directly through the webpage or download it for play later on your computer, digital audio player or stereo via a burned cd. You can even subscribe to the podcast and whenever a new podcast is posted it’ll automatically be downloaded for you to your computer.
2. HOOK ME UP, HOW DO I LISTEN TO YOUR PODCAST?
Listen Now Online: A
- Go to Podcast pg on SendTheFire.ca, select ‘play’ on the podcast you want to hear and you’re laughin’.
Listen Now Online: B
- Go to STF Podcast on Gcast.com, most recent podcast automatically starts to play.
Listen Later (Download .mp3 file)
- On Podcast pg on SendTheFire.ca, under ‘Download’ select “MP3 of Podcast” to download for play later on computer or .mp3 player or to burn to disc.
3. I LOVE THE PODCAST! HOW CAN I MAKE SURE I DON’T MISS ONE?
Simple, subscribe (or become fan on facebook and you’ll see every post from STF on your home page)!
Subscribing is easy and has two options.
Use this to get an email sent to you with a link to our podcast whenever we post a new podcast.
- Go to STF Podcast on Gcast.com, under ‘Get Future Podcast Episodes’ fill in your email and click ‘Get Free Alerts’ button. Under ‘How often do you want alerts’ select ‘every time the feed updates’ and press ‘Submit’ button. A confirmation email will be sent to your email address. Check your email, click on the link in the confirmation email to confirm you want to receive these update alerts and you’re good to go. The next time we post a podcast you’ll receive an email!
Use this to have your computer automatically check our site for new podcasts and when available will also automatically download them to your computer. How sweet is that? You don’t even have to get off your digital butt to keep checking for our latest podcast and can focus on more important things like school, your job and figuring out what you’re gonna do with your life and how you’re gonna live it!
- Use iTunes (or other software of your choice like Juice). Download & install iTunes if you don’t already have it. Open iTunes and from the menu bar select ‘Advanced’ and then ‘Subscribe to Podcast’. Copy and paste this url
into the ‘Subscribe to Podcast’ pop up window. This URL will allow your application to check our site regularly and download new Podcasts when they are published.
4. I’M DIGGIN’ THE PODCAST, CAN I PUT IT ON MY WEBSITE, BLOG OR MYSPACE AND HOW?
Go to STF Podcast on Gcast.com, under ‘SendTheFire’s Podcast’ follow the link for ‘Love this podcast? Add it to your blog or Myspace!’ and follow Steps 1-4.
5. CAN I LISTEN TO THE SENDTHEFIRE.CA PODCASTS WITHOUT SUBSCRIBING?
Subscribing just makes it easier for you so you don’t have to keep checking back for the latest podcast.
6. DO I NEED TO DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE TO MY COMPUTER TO SUBSCRIBE?
Yes – if you use an aggragator tool like iTunes or another program to automatically download the file to your computer whenever a new one is posted.
No – if you use STF Podcast on Gcast.com to send you an email with a link to the file whenever new ones are posted.
7. DO I NEED A PORTABLE DIGITAL AUDIO PLAYER (.mp3 player) TO LISTEN TO SENDTHEFIRE.CA PODCASTS?
As indicated in #2 above, you can listen live thru the internet on your computer, listen later by downloading the file to play through your computer or burn on a cd to play in car or home stereo.